I. TERMS OF THE WARRANTY
1) Subject to the terms and conditions of this paint system warranty, the DuPont Qualified Body Shop agrees to warrant against the Covered Defects set forth below. The DuPont paint system warranty becomes effective on thii date the work was completed and for the number of years warrantied as shown on the Warranty Repair Record.
2) If the defect is determined to be a Covered Defect, the defect will be repaired without charge to the warranty holder by the DuPont Qualified Body Shop.
3) The warranty holder must follow the claim procedures set forth below in order to be covered by this warranty for any and all defect claims.
II. SCOPE OF THE WARRANTY
The DuPont Paint System Warranty shall:
1) Apply only to the surfaces directly repaired with DuPont Paint Systems (as warrantied on the front cover).
2) Not apply to any Covered Defect which is directly the result of any negligence by the customer.
3) Only be available to the individual who was the owner of the vehicle at the time the original work was performed and whose name appears on the Warranty Repair Record, (The warranty is not transferable.)
III. COVERED DEFECTS AND EXCLUSIONS
Covered Defects shall include only the following list of defects:
3) Severe loss of gloss caused by cracking or fading
4) Peeling of the topcoat or any of the layers of film included in the
Defects resulting from the following conditions are excluded from the Warranty:
1) Previously repainted or repaired OEM finishes (prior to
of the Warranty Repair Record) unless vehicle was stripped to
2) System failure due to preexisting rust or rust originating from within the auto body. This includes blemishes or blistering caused by the rust.
3) Scratches, abrasions or stone chips caused by normal vehicle use.
4) Damages caused by accidents,
5) Damage to the paint caused by improper abrasive detergents or waxes, acid rain or industrial emissions or fallout, or heavy-duty pressure washing.
6) Damages on vehicles used for commercial or competitive purposes.
7) Failures resulting from product misuse or abuse.
8) Failures of systems containing non-DuPont, or non-DuPont-approved, products.
9) Failures on systems applied by Refinish Technicians who are not “DuPont Qualified”.
10) Failures of finishes/systems which have been applied above or below recommended film builds.
IV. CLAIMS PROCEDURES
In the event of a claim:
1) The warranty holder must submit this Warranty, the Warranty Repair Record, and the vehicle for inspection at the DuPont Qualified Body Shop where the vehicle was originally repaired.
2) An inspection will be provided free of charge by the DuPont Qualified Body Shop, supplying DuPont Jobber, and a DuPont Refinish Representative. After inspection and a verification of a Covered Defect, the defect will be repaired by the DuPont Qualified Body Shop free of charge to the warranty holder.
1) DuPont Warranty Repair Record shall mean the document which is given to the vehicle owner by the DuPont Qualified Body Shop at the time of the original repair. The Warranty Repair Record includes the name and location of the DuPont Qualified Body Shop, the date of the repair; the areas repaired on the vehicle, the paint system used by the DuPont Refinisher; customer name; vehicle identification number, vehicle model and the repair order number.
FINISH CARE GUIDELINES
Follow these steps to protect the appearance and durability of your paint finish.
For the first 30 days after painting:
- Hand-wash the vehicle often, using fresh water only.
- Avoid parking under trees – sap and bird droppings may damage the finish. (Rinse them off as soon as possible).
For the first 120 days after painting:
- To remove heavy soil, use mild liquid soap – no detergent.
- Do not wax your car within 120 days after painting.
For long-term paint protection:
- Park in a sheltered area whenever possible.
- Never use a scraper to remove ice or snow from painted surfaces.
- Never let gasoline or antifreeze stand on painted surfaces (rinse off with water as soon as possible).
- Never wash your vehicle in the hot sun.
- Never wipe the finish with a dry cloth – always use water.
- Avoid abrasive cleaners, chemicals or brushes (automatic car wash brushes can scratch the finish).
- Have any paint nicks touched up as soon as possible, to protect against rust.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
All mechanical copies of this warranty are null and void.
DuPont Automotive Finishes